Saturday, 4 October 2014

Golf with Jarrad Martin

On Thursday the 2nd October I played in the South Taranaki under 19 age group golf tournament held at Manaia. I played 9  holes off the yellow tee's. In my group I played with Joe Gibson and Tayshawn Martin. I played pretty good and my score was 72. At prize giving I got 4th over all.  After prize giving Tayshawn and his father were going out to play another 9 hole's and asked me to play with them. Cool! I went and got my golf clubs and joined them. I was excited to play with my new friend Tayshawn and his father. Tayshawn's father is  a NZ sporting legend. His name is Jarrad Martin. Jarrad Martin plays softball for NZ. He has won 2 Junior World Championships and 4 World  Championships. He was captain of the NZ Black Sox team. He was a pitcher and a big hitter of the ball. He was 17 year's old when he 1st played for NZ. Jarrad is from Waitara. He was NZ Softball Player of the year in 1996 and 1999. He was also NZ Maori Sportsman of the year in 1999. Jarrad loves sport, he also represented Taranaki at golf and played rugby. I had a really cool time playing golf with Tayshawn and Jarrad Martin.⛳️⚾️

2 comments:

  1. Aston
    This is a great recount about what you were writing about. I really enjoyed all the detail that you put into the article. When I saw the writing about Jarrad Martin I was sure that I knew the name from somewhere but not the detail about him - and what you added and wrote in was great. Fantastic to see you doing this in the holidays.
    Mr Webb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great opportunity to have played golf with a sporting legend. Mr Tai's brothers use to play softball for Hawkes Bay and they use to enjoy watching him pitch. Great to see that you are doing exciting things in your holidays.

    Mr Tai

    ReplyDelete